Graduate Student Summer Fellowships 2022
Emily Chesley, History, G3 - Travel to Turkey to attend Avrasya TOMER Institute’s Intensive Elementary Turkish course. Travel to Jordan to study archaeological sites.
Adina Goldman, Religion, G3 - Study Classical Arabic Language online through Harvard Divinity School.
John Ladouceur, Religion, G2 - Travel to Israel to attend Hebrew University’s Summer Intensive Biblical Hebrew Language course.
Jacob Neis, Classics, G1 - Travel to Germany to study German at the Goethe-Institut.
Andrea Antenan Peecher, Religion, G2 - Attend Princeton Theological’s Intensive Summer Biblical Hebrew Language course.
Lucia Waldschuetz, History, G2 - Travel to France to attend the 30th Congress of Papyrology.
Graduate Student Summer Fellowships 2020
Alyssa Cady, Religion, G4 - Study Italian Language online through Oregon State University.
Djair Dias Filho, Religion, G3 - Study Hebrew Language online through private lessons.
Stephanie Fan, Comparative Literature, G5 - Attend a Summer Intensive Upper Level Latin class online through CUNY (New York).
Eliav Grossman, Religion, G2 - Study Classical Arabic Language online through Harvard Divinity School.
Peter Makhlouf, Comparative Literature, G2 - Study Arabic Language online through an online tutor.
Graduate Student Summer Fellowships 2019
Olaoluwatoni Alimi, Religion, G4 – Travel to United Kingdom to attend International Conference on Patristic Studies.
Richard Calis, History, G5 - Travel to Tübingen to study books and manuscripts of Martin Crusius (1526- 1607).
Djair Dias Filho, Religion, G2 - Travel to Israel to study Hebrew at the University of Haifa.
Evan Ditter, French and Italian, G1 - Travel to Ireland to study Classical Greek at the University College Cork.
Elena Dugan, Religion, G4 - Travel to Florence, Paris, and Dublin for independent research to consult manuscripts and archives.
Jiani Fan,Comparative Literature, G4 - Travel to Germany to study German at Goethe Institut and travel to London to present paper at the Oxford International Conference on Patristic Studies.
Mari Jarris, Comparative Literature, G3 - Travel to Greece to study Classical Greek at the School of Greek Language & Culture.
Rami Koujah, Near Eastern Studies, G1 - Travel to Istanbul, Turkey for independent research to study Islamic law.
Margaret Kurkoski, Art & Archaeology, G4 - Travel to Italy to attend Columbia University’s Summer in Italy: Archaeological Fieldwork course.
Yitz Landes, Religion, G3 - Travel to Italy to study manuscripts in the Biblioteca Palatina Library.
Mark Letteney, Religion, G5 - Travel to Milan and Verona to study fourth and fifth century manuscripts at the Biblioteca Ambrosiana and Biblioteca Capitolare.
Omri Matarasso, History, G1 - Study Classical Arabic Language at Harvard Divinity School.
Madeline McMahon, History, G4 - Travel to the United Kingdom for independent research of manuscript collections.
Erin Piňon, Art & Archaeology, G2 - Travel to Yerevan and Tbilisi for independent research to study manuscripts.
Grega Ulen, Comparative Literature, G2 - Travel to Tunisia to study Classical Arabic Language at Center Sisi Bou Saїd for Languages.
Graduate Student Summer Fellowships 2018
- Lorenzo Bondioli, History, G4 - Travel to Beirut to study Arabic and Syro-Lebanese dialect at Saifi Institute for Arabic Language.
- Alyssa Cady, Religion, G2 - Travel to New York to study Intro to Coding at First Step Coding.
- Djair Dias Filho, Religion, G1 - Travel to Rome to study Latin and Greek at Accademia Vivarium Novun’s Living Latin and Greek summer school.
- Elena Dugan, Religion, G3 - Travel to Spain and Morocco to study Classical and Medieval Arabic.
- Jonathan Henry, Religion, G4 - Travel to Europe and North Africa to research exorcist ritual texts and material remains.
- Yitz Landes, Religion, G2 - Travel to the UK to work on the Mishnaic manuscripts in the Cambridge University Library.
- Mark Letteney, Religion, G4 - Travel to Israel for excavation.
- Eric Medawar, History, G2 - Travel to Lebanon for independent research of manuscript collections in Kaslik (Université Saint-Esprit de Kaslik), Balamand (Our Lady of Balamand Monastery; Institute for Antiochian Orthodox Heritage), and Beirut (Near East School of Theology; Université Saint-Joseph)
Graduate Student Summer Fellowships 2017
- Waler Beers, History, G – Travel to London to visit the British library for study and research on Syriac manuscripts and texts.
- Thomas Benfey, Near Eastern Studies, G3 – Travel to Berlin for language study and research of New Persian and interact with Prominent Persian speaking scholars of Sasanian and early Islamic Iran at Freie Universität.
- AJ Berkovitz,, Religion, G5 – Travel to Israel to present a paper and for study and research at Hebrew University.
- Lorenzo Bondioli, History, G2 – Travel to Lebanon to attend an Arabic Summer program at the Institut français du Proche-Orient (IFPO).
- Alyssa Cady, Religion, G1 – Travel abroad to attend summer language programs on Biblical Hebrew and German at Pontifical University of the Holy Cross (Polis Institute at Rome) and University of Heidelberg.
- Richard Calis, History, G3 – Travel to Amsterdam for independent research on the private archive of Martin Crusius.
- Joe Glynias, History, G2 – Travel to Greece to attend the Gennadius Library Medieval Greek Summer Session and the International Summer School for Greek Language, History and Culture by the Institute for Balkan Studies.
- Sooji Han, East Asian Studies, G3 – Travel to Vienna for study and research under the visiting Ph.D. students program at the University of Vienna.
- Jonathan Henry, Religion, G3 – Travel to Germany to attend the International Conference in Berlin and to Italy work with material culture.
- Mark Letteney, Religion, G3 – Travel to Israel for excavation of the Roman 6th Legion.
Graduate Student Summer Fellowships 2016
- AJ Berkovitz, Religion 'G5 - Summer conference in Cambridge, England and Geniza research; summer institute in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania; Hebrew University Microfilm Lab and dissertation.
- Lorenzo Bondioli, History 'G2 - Classical Arabic summer course, Qasid Language Center, Amman, Jordan.
- Merle Eisenberg, History 'G4 - To study economics and manuscripts of late antiquity in Italy, and France.
- Sooji Han, East Asian Studies 'G2 - To study early medieval ethnography in Austria, and attend a conference on same in Budapest, Hungary.
- Jonathan Henry, Religion 'G2 - Travel to Europe for conference participation and material research, Germany and Italy.
- Mark Letteney, Religion 'G2 - Field staff for Jezreel Valley Regional Project Survey in Israel.
- Madeline McMahon, History 'G1 - Language study to prepare for dissertation, Bologna, Italy.
- Lee Mordechai, History 'G5 - Greece, southern Italy, Israel, and Servia.
- Justin Willson, Art and Archaeology 'G1 - Mt. Menoikeion and Byzantine Art of Thessaloniki, Greece
Graduate Student Summer Fellowships 2015
- Skyler Anderson, History 'G1 - Excavation in the Mediterranean, and course study in Byzantine Greek and Modern Greek language
- Walter Beers, History 'G1 - Arabic course at the University of Pennsylvania and graduate summer seminar in Istanbul, Research Center for Anatolian Civilizations RCAC, "Istanbul Through the Ages"
- Lorenzo Bondioli, History 'G1 - CET Academic Programmes of Tunis: Classical Arabic tailored course, Athens, Tunis, Rome
- Merle Eisenberg, History 'G3 - Religious identity in Eastern Late Antiquity with studies of ethnic identity in early medieval west, Mt. Menoikeion, Greece, and Southern France
- Jonathan Henry, Religion 'G1 - Excavation of Legio Vlth Ferrata, Northern Israel
- Vicky Hioureas, History 'G1 - Language Study: Paideia Institute program "Living Latin in Rome;" Ancient and Medieval Greek classes in Greece
- Mark Letteney, Religion 'G1 - Jexreel Valley Regional excavation of the Roman VIth Legion "Ferrata" Castra in Kefar 'Othnay, Language Study in Haifa, attend the XVIIth
- Lee Mordechai, History 'G4 - Byzantine History: Tour the Caucasus (Armenia, Georgia, Azerbaijan), Southern Italy and Sicily, and attend Mt. Menoikeion Seminar, Greece
- Cecilia Palombo, Near Eastern Studies 'G1 - Summer language course in Classical Arabic, Tunisia
- Jessica Wright, Classics 'G5 - Participate in the ReMeDHe (Religion, Medicine, Disability, and Health in Late Antiquity) working group session at the XVIIth International Patristics Conference in Oxford